[pve-devel] libknet1 update don't restart corosync

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Sep 27 09:18:52 CEST 2019

On 9/27/19 8:53 AM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that when you upgrade libknet1 (and fix the crash of corosync),
>
> corosync is not auto restarted.
>

> Maybe should we bump the corosync package too to force a restart ?

Hmm, not sure about that, we always tell people to restart corosync
manually in the Forum/Bug reports.

Fabian and I have talked about adding a trigger for corosync to
libknet so that it gets triggered (and restarted) when a knet
update is released. That'd be a bit easier but at least Debian
refrains from doing so, libraries should not trigger daemons to
reload, AFAIK.

We could make an exception here, thouhh, as it really seems that a
new knet is always wanted to be used immediately..