[pve-devel] HA: vm shutdown/stop behaviour and other HA questions

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Mar 6 07:59:14 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm finally going use HA on my cluster when proxmox 6.0 will be released (waiting for corosync 3.X).

and, I have notice than shutdown or stop on vm, call both "HA stop" , which call "vm shutdown" then stop HA.

Is is possible to implement a true "vm stop" without shutdown ?

Also, I have notice than when we start/stop/migrate vm manually, it can take 10-20 second between the HA action,
and the real vm action. (Seem to come from the 10s sleep in crm + lrm, between each loop).
Is is possible to reduce this sleep for manual actions ? (not sure if it's related to watchdog ?).

In the futur, I would like to add some kind of balancing/scheduling of vm (memory/cpu balancing),
I think it's the right place to do it ?

I have looked in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HA/Manager.pm, sub select_service_node,
seem pretty basic for now. (try node by priority, and by nodeid, try_next if it's failing).
I think they are lot of improvment possible here.