[pve-devel] [RFC v2 0/3] fix #1291: add purge option for VM/CT destroy

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Jun 28 16:02:22 CEST 2019

On 6/28/19 3:36 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:

>> On 28 June 2019 15:05 Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht at proxmox.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 6/26/19 6:02 PM, Christian Ebner wrote:
>>> The purge flag allows to remove the vmid from the vzdump.cron backup jobs on
>>> VM/CT destruction.
>>>

>> A few things I'm still missing:
>> * Web GUI integration (simple checkbox?)
>> * remove from replication?
>> * purge RRD stats?
>
> purge RRD stats is not really possible, because they are distributed too all cluster nodes...

Currently not, but not impossible to add, AFAICT.
We can possibly do it in a similar way we use for the non-rrd status kv.
I.e., if the data has zero length we remove the entry from the hashtable,
in the rrd case we could additionally remove the respective DB in
"update_rrd_data" in that case.

But for now not too important, just low priority wishlist.