[pve-devel] Roadmap - improved SDN support

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Jul 11 10:25:36 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 7/11/19 6:11 AM, Naumann, Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at datacenter of university we are working on a saas-platform to
> automaticly deploy VMs, container, networks, services via web-gui for
> students and employies. So, we are searching for a technicly basis for
> this project.
> Because "Proxmox" runs several Clusters in our datacenter and does a
> great jobs we wonder if it could be a basis for this project. We known
> there is also "Openstack" but I think it might be some kind of
> overkill.
> What do you think about that?

proxmox.com has some testimonials from universities using Proxmox VE
in a lab course or similar, see (especially the first two, I'd guess):

https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve/testimonials/category/edu-gov

Also, as Proxmox VE has a REST api which allows nowadays build a cluster,
create & manage VMs and CTs, you should not have big problems in integrating
and adapting it into your own  platform.

https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/index.html

cheers,
Thomas