[pve-devel] failed to git clone git://git.proxmox.com/git/qemu-server.git

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Dec 12 09:27:53 CET 2019

On 12/12/19 9:10 AM, Jin Qian wrote:
> thanks for your reply.
>
> I have tried both from company and home where should no network filter
> exist, neither works.
>
> =====BEGIN SCREENSHOT======
> $ git clone git://git.proxmox.com/git/pve-manager.git
> Cloning into 'pve-manager'...
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
> =====END SCREENSHOT======
>
> I have also used nmap to scan  git.proxmox.com's 22 port, the result is
> "filtered",
> while 80, 443 are "open".

git uses port 9418 for the git protocol, 22 is for SSH and git over SSH,
which this git mirror does not supports, the address (if any) would then
also be ssh://git.pro... not git://git.prox..

> I remember that to use git protocol in git clone, I need add my pub key to
> the server by some way, I had the experience of that in my company.

No, not for read access. git.proxmox.com is a open for all, read-only for
all, public mirror of our git.repositories, it has no keys at all.

Just retried also from an external fresh server, just to be sure,
worked like a charm.. From the same server (being a VM in an OVH
Datacenter in France):

# nmap -Pn git.proxmox.com
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2019-12-12 09:16 CET
Nmap scan report for git.proxmox.com (79.133.36.253)
Host is up (0.0034s latency).
Other addresses for git.proxmox.com (not scanned): 2a01:7e0:0:424::5
Not shown: 996 filtered ports
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
43/tcp   closed whois
80/tcp   open   http
443/tcp  open   https
9418/tcp open   git

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 6.63 seconds

> Any suggestions?

Where are you from and what's your ISP? I mean we have a few contributors
from all around the world, it should really be accessible, so not to sure.

I pushed out to an unofficial mirror on github:
https://github.com/ThomasLamprecht/qemu-server

That one should be also available over HTTPs:
# git clone https://github.com/ThomasLamprecht/qemu-server.git

You could try that, in the meantime. I can look if we can add https clone
support to git.proxmox.com, but it really should not be required..

Cheers,
Thomas