[pve-devel] Install glusterfs-server as default

Dominic Jäger d.jaeger at proxmox.com
Mon Aug 12 12:09:56 CEST 2019

On 8/9/19 2:02 PM, Fabian Grünbichler wrote:
> it might be worth it to attempt to convince upstream to ship the
> "gluster" binary in its own package or move it to glusterfs-common
> (since it seems to be a general management CLI akin to Ceph's 'ceph',
> and not the actual server part).

On Fedora, for example, there already is a package called glusterfs-cli.

> I am also not sure whether one of 'peer status' or 'pool list' is not
> better suited as scan command (the man page does not give much
> information ;)). there could be lots of volumes on a gluster cluster,
> and listing them all on each scan sounds expensive.

The output of our last working version of 'pvesm glusterfsscan <ip>' was
a list of volumes which is exactly what 'gluster volume list' does.

I think this is reasonable as the volume names are required for a
subsequent 'pvesm add glusterfs glustertest --server <ip> --volume
<volname>'. cifsscan and nfsscan give the necessary information for a
subsequent 'pvesm add' too.