[pve-devel] Proxmox VE 5.4 released!

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Thu Apr 11 12:10:38 CEST 2019

Hi all!

We are very pleased to announce the general availability of Proxmox VE 5.4.

Built on Debian 9.8 (Stretch) and a specially modified Linux Kernel
4.15, this version of Proxmox VE introduces a new wizard for installing
Ceph storage via the user interface, and brings enhanced flexibility
with HA clustering, hibernation support for virtual machines, and
support for Universal Second Factor (U2F) authentication.

The new features of Proxmox VE 5.4 focus on usability and simple
management of the software-defined infrastructure as well as on security
management.

Countless bugfixes and more smaller improvements are listed in the
release notes.

Release notes
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_5.4

Video tutorial
What's new in Proxmox VE 5.4?
https://www.proxmox.com/en/training/video-tutorials

Download
https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
http://download.proxmox.com/iso/

Dokumentation
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/

Source Code
https://git.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Q: Can I install Proxmox VE 5.4 on top of Debian Stretch?