[pve-devel] Unit 240.scope already exists.

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Wed Sep 12 10:56:30 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 10:28:24AM +0200, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:

> Am 12.09.2018 um 10:19 schrieb Wolfgang Bumiller:
> > On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 08:29:02AM +0200, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
> > When it's not a timing issue, a `systemctl stop $name.scope` should work
> > as well. If it doesn't, I'd very much like to know why (and why
> > systemctl doesn't tell you about it...).
>
> yes that's most probably correct and yes i also think this is a systemd
> issue.
>

> What about implementing a retry / wait 1s for max 5s if the scope is
> stopped but still exists?

I'd expect this to work in 99.999% of the cases, seeing how the next
start of the VM usually works as well. It's just not "complete". I
usually do prefer complete solutions over workarounds if they can be
implemented. (Here it depends on how many hoops we'd have to jump
through with the systemd dbus API ;-) )