[pve-devel] Using rEFInd with Proxmox VE

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Mon Oct 1 19:40:07 CEST 2018

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 11:22:35AM +0200, Andreas Steinel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wrote an article about using rEFInd with Proxmox VE in order to
> boot a ZFS pool with UEFI due to the recent problems on the forums
> with machines not booting properly. The article is based on a problem
> I had a few months ago after upgrading to a mainboard with an
> UEFI-only boot mechanism, so I had to come up with a way to boot my
> PVE ZFS, which worked, but is obviously not a rock solid solution.
>
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Booting_a_ZFS_root_file_system_via_UEFI

we just recently discussed this again internally, and we will come up
with some kind of solution in time for PVE 6.x (one way or another, we
still need to test all the possible ways to tackle this before deciding
which way to go).

I do wonder why you used rEFInd and not just plain grub (in EFI mode) though?