[pve-devel] Cloud Init Questions

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Tue Mar 13 11:27:31 CET 2018

Hi,

since the cloud init patches got recently applied, i had a few questions
to any one actually using cloud init

currently the instance-id is the hash of the config (afaics)
so we trigger the cloud-init code for a new instance
each time we have a differing config

isn't this a little too much? e.g. the ssh host key gets regenerated
the sudoers file gets an additional entry (ok this is stupid on the
cloud init side, but still),...

would it not be better to use the vmid for this?
(e.g. having a cloud init vm which i clone would trigger that code
only once after cloning, which is exactly what i want?)

since i am working on the gui portion for this, are
there any special request from anyone for the gui?

should we include the password setting mechanism on the gui?
(i would rather not)