[pve-devel] qm importdisk

Thomas Lamprecht thomas at lamprecht.org
Sat Mar 10 10:28:19 CET 2018

On 03/10/2018 09:31 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> Can someone point me to source code of "qm importdisk" command?
>
> I would like to check if import phase could be skipped at all and replaced
> with my Xen to PVE direct convertion on the fly

It's in the qemu-server git repository, the importdisk
command is in the qm CLI helper (PVE/CLI/qm.pm) and
uses mostly the PVE::QemuServer::ImportDisk module
(PVE/QemuServer/ImportDisk.pm)

gitweb link to them:
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=qemu-server.git;a=blob;f=PVE/CLI/qm.pm;h=3347612556bc3689abd783540bb9ea2d1cffeaba;hb=HEAD#l418
https://git.proxmox.com/?p=qemu-server.git;a=blob;f=PVE/QemuServer/ImportDisk.pm;h=db7db6343c4c0af67a094b695d0c9e329ff80ab8;hb=HEAD#l1

See https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation
for how to clone the repo.

If you want to skip import phase, which is, AFAIK, pretty
much 90% this command does, maybe just write a simple CLI
command your self doing the data import with your scripts
and then just add the disk to the config with and helper of
ours, just as an idea...

cheers,
Thomas