[pve-devel] has somebody already tested corosync3 alpha et new knet transport ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jun 26 22:54:04 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have found this presentation about coming corosync3 (seem to be alpha recently)

http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/presentations/2017-Kronosnet-The-new-face-of-corosync-communications.pdf

with the new kronosnet (knet) transport.

Latencies results are really impressive and no more multicast ! (users will be happy ;)

and a lot of others improvments (dynamic mtu, ifdown/iup without breaking cluster, and seem to be compatible with corosync2 (with udp, udpu transports)

I'm still looking to make bigger proxmox clusters in the future :)

BTW, I was at a kubernetes/container conference at Paris today,
and a talk of a guy was about trying to create in own orchestrator instead kubernetes (because of problem with etcd, network lag brigging down k8s master,...),
talking about clusters, paxos, strong consistency.

He's looking to use a causal consistency model instead strong consistency, I never heard about this,
but this seem really great to be able to manage bigger cluster, and also geo clusters.

He have given a link to an opensource key value store using causal consistency, called "antidote"
https://syncfree.github.io/antidote/

Maybe for the future (proxmox 10 ;), it could be great to have this kind of model.
(I'm not enough expert to say if it could work, and If it could be possible to reimplement pmxcfs with this kind of protocol, and manage others things like pve-crm/lrm)