[pve-devel] proxmox 2018 : add support for "virtual" network and network plugins ?

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jan 26 18:18:47 CET 2018

> After all, if we don't do s-nat, nat 1:1, why not just configure the gateway
> of the vm to use the external router directly

>>Because there is no route to the external router? Please can you elaborate on
>>that?

I mean, for example

internet------>89.248.0.0/16---router--(89.248.1.1/24)-------proxmox0(vmbr0)----------vm1(89.248.1.10/24)
                                                      -------proxmox1(vmbr0)----------vm2(89.248.1.10/24)
                            ---router--(89.248.2.1/24)-------proxmox0(vmbr1)----------vm3(89.248.2.10/24)
                                                      -------proxmox1(vmbr1)----------vm4(89.248.2.10/24)

you can have the vms with default gw to 89.248.x.1/24.