[pve-devel] cpuflag: pcid needed in guest for good performance after meltdown

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Jan 9 19:27:11 CET 2018

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 19:21:15 +0100
Fabian Grünbichler <f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com> wrote:

> yes. it's an Intel CPU feature, and only needed to reduce the
> performance impact of KPTI, which is a mitigation for a bug affecting
> Intel CPUs (and some ARM). since KPTI is disabled unless manually forced
> on AMD CPUs, the fact that there is no PCID does not matter there ;)

As shown in my last post (except for the mail server censuring images)
was, that I have pki=on and this seems to have little or no effect on
Opeteron processors what so ever. This could imply that this is an
Intel problem only (NSA conspiracy hat on)

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were
wearing masks for.
		-- James Boren