[pve-devel] cpuflag: pcid needed in guest for good performance after meltdown

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Tue Jan 9 08:35:00 CET 2018

Am 08.01.2018 um 23:23 schrieb Alexandre DERUMIER:
> I think it's not exposed in current cpu model
>
> it can be enabled with "+pcid"
>

> I don't known what it's the best way to add it in proxmox.
> We could do it with qemu version upgrade, but qemu 2.10 are not ready.

Yes but that was always bad at least to me. We're limiting ourselfes if
we can only add new qemu features with a new qemu version.

What about a version or feature field in the guest config which we only
update on a fresh vm start.

Something like this:
123.conf:
pve_qemu_version: 2.11-10

This field is ONLY and ALWAYS updated in a fresh start not on migration.
This can be easily detected.

Than we can do stuff like
if (version_cmp($conf->{pve_qemu_version}, "2.11-11")) {
   # enable pcid flag
}

Greets
Stefan