[pve-devel] proxmox 2018 : add support for "virtual" network and network plugins ?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Jan 4 09:30:52 CET 2018

I think we basically have two kinds of networks:

1.) local networks:

This is what we already have in /etc/network/interface. Access to local network
is
usually restricted to admins.

2.) virtual networks:

Basically a linux bridge where we can connect VM to. One can connect such
virtual network to local network:

- directly (this is what we currently use for the firewall)
- vlan
- vxlan

Or we can connect that bridge to some SDN.

We can also add additional service to such virtual network:

- SNAT, DNAT
- Firewall
- DHCP
- Routing, ...