[pve-devel] Fwd: qm changes

Nicholas Schembri nicholas.a.schembri at bamboofields.net
Wed Feb 28 18:47:45 CET 2018

All of the command line tools are using the api; we can us pvesh to talk
about the issue.

I'm thinking that we should not search all nodes looking for the vm.  I'm
not sure how the gui build the virtual machine list but I'm thinking it
might be nice to have the same thing at the nodes level in the api.

in this example I need to know  the source node:
pvesh create nodes/<source node>/qemu/<VMID>/migrate --target <target node>

How about :
pvesh ls nodes/qemu # list all vmid in the cluster
pvesh create nodes/qemu/1000/status/start
pvesh create nodes/qemu/1000/status/stop

pvesh get nodes/qemu/1000/status/current  # this is missing the node, but
in the current api it's part of the path

pvesh get nodes/qemu/1000/status/node # add  get node
or
# long listing
pvesh ls -l nodes/qemu/
Dr--d 10  red
Dr--d 1000  blue
Dr--d 110  green
Dr--d 111  red
Dr--d 112  red
Dr--d 113  red
Dr--d 120  blue
Dr--d 121  blue
Dr--d 122  green
Dr--d 123  red
Dr--d 200  blue

so from the little looking i've done,  I should be looking in Nodes.pm,
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2
to add a list of all vm's to the nodes dir?
or is this something that found in the base /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Cluster.pm,
Qemu.pm, LXC.pm,  QemuServer.pm

can you just point me to a good starting place?

--
Thank you for your time,

Nicholas A. Schembri
337 Brookside blvd.