[pve-devel] Building pve-qemu containing qemu-system-aarch64

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.it
Mon Feb 19 13:07:10 CET 2018

Quoting https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/emulating-non-x86-machine-types.35801/#post-199797
Fabian wrote:
> Stappers wrote:
> > Got a clean build of package pve-qemu-kvm by
> >   git clone git://git.proxmox.com/git/pve-qemu
> >   cd pve-qemu
> >   # satisfy build depends
> >   make
> >
> > Now looking for where the non-x86 architectures were disabled.
> >
> > I couldn't it in debian/patches, the subgitrepostory mirror_qemu looks complete to me.
> >
> > Clues welcome      ;-)
>
> it's in the packaging directly - see debian/rules
> (although such questions might be better asked on pve-devel,
>  where they are not as easily overlooked ;))

Short version of debian/rules from pve-qemu

    ./configure
    make
    make install $DESTDIR
    rm $DESTDIR/some/files
    dh_builddeb

During `rm $DESTDIR/some/files` are no files like qemu-system-aarch64 deleted.

" $ find qemu.tmp/debian/pve-qemu-kvm  | grep bin/qemu-system
" qemu.tmp/debian/pve-qemu-kvm/usr/bin/qemu-system-i386
" qemu.tmp/debian/pve-qemu-kvm/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64

There I would expect seeing qemu-system-aarch64

What is needed to build pve-qemu containing qemu-system-aarch64?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven