[pve-devel] API - GET /nodes/{node}/storage

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 17 14:09:08 CEST 2018

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 02:02:23PM +0200, Andreas Steinel wrote:
> Thank you Fabian for the in depth analysis.
>
> I tried to use the json representation of the API in order to
> automatically extract the schema definitions for a consuming API that
> generates the code based on the found definitions of all elements.
> This works fine most of the time but failed in this case - maybe
> others, yet I only tried a subset of the API. I'm going to switch back
> to interfacing and checking the API manually, which also works.
>
> Thanks again for the explanation.

we had a similar discussion a short while ago, and patches to improve
the "returns" annotation where it is possible are more than welcome!

there are some places where we really don't know much more than "some
object" (because the API call does a bit too much, and can return one
thing or another depending on the code path taken), but in many cases,
extending the information should be straight-forward and improve the
generated API documentation a lot! so if you do check an API endpoint
for your use case and are fairly sure about the returned values, please
send a patch..