[pve-devel] question about pve-qemu && librbd

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Mon Sep 25 08:15:37 CEST 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 07:22:27AM +0200, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
> I have tested pve-qemu-kvm builded with last librbd-dev, and it's working fine also with jewel cluster.
>

> Could we bump dependencies && dev dependencies of debian pve-qemu package  to last librbd ?
>
> (maybe put tha last librbd in proxmox main repo, as currently it's only in proxmox  ceph repo ?)

yes, all of our PVE packages are built with stock Debian Stretch + PVE
repositories, but without the optional ceph-luminous repository. I am
not sure about moving librbd1 (and librbd-dev) to the PVE repo, there
might be some yet undiscovered incompatibility when mixing versions like
that (there are other ceph libraries with reverse-dependencies to
consider as well), and then we'd have to move more and more packages to
work around that..