[pve-devel] question about pve-qemu && librbd

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Sat Sep 23 11:41:48 CEST 2017

Hi,

I was trying to help some users on the forum about potention performance regression

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/3000-msec-ping-and-packet-drops-with-virtio-under-load.36687/page-2

and I have build for pve-qemu-kvm with the qemu patch that wolfgang has made some days ago.

use said me that he have this error:

"
but I get an error when I try to start the VM:
[CODE]kvm: symbol lookup error: kvm: undefined symbol: rbd_aio_writev
command 'kvm -version' failed: exit code 127
TASK ERROR: detected old qemu-kvm binary (unknown)[/CODE][/QUOTE]
"

rbd_aio_writev is a new feature introduce in last librbd and qemu, to improve performance.

I just wonder why user don't have problem with official proxmox pve-qemu-kvm build ?
(I'm not sure, but I think he using default debian repo jewel librbd)

Maybe proxmox repo pve-qemu-kvm is build with old librbd from jewel ?
(if yes, maybe we don't have currently rbd_aio_writev optimisation)