[pve-devel] [RFC 0/2] move OVMF into separate package

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Oct 4 16:35:34 CEST 2017

This is a proposal how to move the, a bit hard to (reproducible)
update, OVMF (EFI) blobs in pve-qemu in an own package, namely
pve-guest-fw-edk2
Its source is edk2, which host a lot of firmwares related to EFI
The package is so designed that if we want to ship other firmware
modules from edk2 we can do so without creating a new package for each
module.

Currently only OVMF for x86_64 is build and shipped.

In contrast to debians upstream package, `ovmf` we use a current build
and do not have SEVURE_BOOT support enabled, as it was not enabled in
our previous blob and has certain complications.

pve-qemu gets a .links dh_link file so that our code baser can still
work with the old files, we may remove the links sometimes in the
future if desired.

The pve-qemu patches may interfere with Emmanuel's recent work, I will
rebase it on top of his once merged, just sending it now for RFC.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas Lamprecht (1):
  Initial commit

Thomas Lamprecht (1):
  use new separate package for OVMF

 debian/Logo.bmp              | Bin 49078 -> 0 bytes
 debian/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd | Bin 1966080 -> 0 bytes
 debian/OVMF_README.txt       |  11 -----------
 debian/OVMF_VARS-pure-efi.fd | Bin 131072 -> 0 bytes
 debian/control               |   1 +
 debian/pve-qemu-kvm.links    |   2 ++
 debian/rules                 |   4 ----
 delete mode 100644 debian/Logo.bmp
 delete mode 100644 debian/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd
 delete mode 100644 debian/OVMF_README.txt
 delete mode 100644 debian/OVMF_VARS-pure-efi.fd
 create mode 100644 debian/pve-qemu-kvm.links

--
2.11.0