[pve-devel] pve api offline during log rotation

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Thu Nov 9 15:03:04 CET 2017

On 11/09/2017 02:09 PM, Caspar Smit wrote:
> If i look into the /etc/init.d/pveproxy script you will see that a
> 'restart' (and reload for that matter) does a: $DAEMON restart
>
> Where $DAEMON=/usr/bin/pveproxy
>
> So basically a "/etc/init.d/pveproxy restart (or reload)" should do a
> "/usr/bin/pveproxy restart"

Yes, true, thanks for the correction.

> Or is the init.d script skipped because the systemd wrapper picks it up as
> "systemctl restart pveproxy" ? (it looks that way:)

Yeah, that's exactly the case, services files have always precedence and if
there is none, systemd auto generates one and passes the requested operation
(start, stop, restart) to this one, which changed the reload to a restart in
this case. So I'm swapped it out with reload in the patch I sent.

cheers, Thomas