[pve-devel] [PVE-User] Proxmox VE 5.0 beta2 released!

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue May 23 16:14:59 CEST 2017

Here a build deb with patches

http://odisoweb1.odiso.net/qemu-server_5.0-5_amd64.deb

you need to add a special cdrom with

#qm set vmid -(ide|sata)X storeid:cloudinit

(it'll be create by proxmox, can be file or any storeid)

then for configuration:

ipconfigX: ip=192.168.0.124/24,gw=192.168.0.1
searchdomain: mydomain.com
nameserver: 8.8.8.8
sshkey: ....
hostname: myhostname  (optionnal, default is vm name)

(if you have a net0, you can add  ipconfig0:....)

then simple install cloudinit daemon in your vm.

(I have tested it by debian jessie backports)

at start, proxmox will generate config in the cdrom, and daemon in the vm will apply it.