[pve-devel] qemu-img iscsi initiator name

Alexander Schmid alex at modula-shop-systems.de
Wed May 17 14:05:30 CEST 2017

Sorry,
i totally missed that this was discussed in Feb. 2016 on the list.

Now there should be support in qemu, not only for passing an
initiator-name but also CHAP Authentification:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9466379/

If there is an interest to get this sorted-out i can figure out how the
cmd should look for qemu-img / qemu-mirror and do my best to create a
set of patches.

I think multiple parts in QemuServer.pm would be affected.

Currently an iscsi-url is returned as path and passed to qemu-xxx commands.

So, the source and destination storage plugins need to at least tell if
they use iscsi and provide a config to use in with qemu commands.

Not sure where the best place for an implemantation is.

My idea would be a flag in the storage-config if the plugin uses iscsi
at all plus a helper sub in StoragePlugin.pm that gives back a set of
suitable values for the qemu commands.

Alex

Am 17.05.2017 um 07:32 schrieb Alexander Schmid:
> Hello,
>
> i just noticed (after finally sniffing iscsi-traffic) that qemu-img
> uses a default initiator name of iqn.2008-11.org.linux-kvm rather than
> the value from /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi
>
> Guess this should either be in the docs that acces to both initiators
> on the target must be possible.
> The much better solution would be qemu using the right initiator name,
> but haven't found any option to pass yet.
>
> running:
> proxmox-ve: 5.0-7 (running kernel: 4.10.8-1-pve)
> pve-qemu-kvm: 2.9.0-1
>
> Alex

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Alexander Schmid*