[pve-devel] [RFC_V3 pve-storage 6/8] This patch will include storage asynchronous replication.

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Mon May 8 08:50:19 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 04:29:26PM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Just noticed that this series introduces cyclic package dependency.
>
> qemu-server => pve-storage => qemu-server
> pve-container => pve-storage => pve-container
>

> Any idea howto solve that? Maybe we should move that
> code to pve-manager instead?

we already have the following splits for code that touches both VMs and
containers:

- Migration: uses an abstract/base class mechanism, with the base in
  pve-guest-common, and the concrete implementations in pve-container /
  qemu-server
- VZDump: uses a plugin mechanism, with the binary itself in
  pve-manager, the base plugin in pve-guest-common, and the implemented
  plugins in pve-container / qemu-server

so I guess pve-manager or pve-guest-common would be candidates. because
of the binary, pve-manager is probably the better fit. I assume the part
that is actually explictly relating to containers vs. VMs is mostly
limited to the configuration parsing, and putting stuff into
pve-container / qemu-server does not make much sense?