[pve-devel] pve-zsync and mount points

Stephan Leemburg sleemburg at it-functions.nl
Sat Mar 25 17:31:09 CET 2017

Hello All,

I am new to this list. My name is Stephan.

I am setting up pve-zsync and ran into some issues.

Before I start sending patches, I want to check with you all.

I have a container that has:

mp0: /tank/vmdata/subvol-homes,mp=/home
mp1: /tank/vmdata/subvol-mail,mp=/var/mail

With the current pve-zsync this does not work.

I already patched a little bit, but it is not precise enough.

What I would like, and I can supply the patch if we agree, is:

1) have pve-zsync accept (with a flag or so) to ignore mp\d+ entries

2) if not ignored, then do something with it, and possibly in- and
exclude some types

For 2) I think that the syntax for the .conf files should be extended.
If we could use somethings like:

mp0: nfs:/path/to/share,mp=/target/path

mp1: vmdata:subvolume-name,mp=/target/path

mp2: fstab:/path/to/mountpoint,mp=/target/path

etc.

Then things would become easier for zsync. And it would be more generic
and consistent with fsroot.

Looking forward to your comments.

Kind regards,

--