[pve-devel] serial numbers for disks

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Fri Mar 10 22:05:33 CET 2017

Hi all,

I have just consulted some kernel devs on the illumos developer list
because running omnios in a vm had problems when more disks was
present. It is problem related to that proxmox does not assign unique
serial numbers to disks and when I add a unique serial number to every
disk all disks are identified properly by omnios. Eg. like: -device
virtio-blk-pci,drive=drive-virtio0,id=virtio0,bus=pci.0,addr=0xa,bootindex=100,serial=ABCD1234

See thread here: https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/182179/2017/03/sort/thread/page/10/entry/3:234/20170310144047:7135DFEE-05C9-11E7-8969-E8804850A228/

I wonder if it is possible to have unique serial numbers computed and
assigned for each disk?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
  I never put on a pair of shoes until I've worn them five years.
		-- Samuel Goldwyn