[pve-devel] Trying to create a patch for changing migration settings in the GUI

Caspar Smit casparsmit at supernas.eu
Tue Jun 20 13:03:07 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a patch which allows the migration settings (from
datacenter.cfg) to be edited from the GUI. But since this is a setting
containing multiple parameters (type and network) and my javascript skills
are horrible, i got stuck.

Here's what i got so far:

Added the migration setting to the dcOptionView:

            migration: {
                header: gettext('Migration Settings'),
                editor: 'PVE.dc.MigrationEdit',
                required: true,
                renderer: function(value) {
                    if (!value) {
                        return PVE.Utils.noneText;
                    }
                    return 'type=' + value.type + ',network=' +
value.network;
                }
            }

I had to return the type and network seperately or else it showed [object
Object] because it is an array.

Then added the editor:

Ext.define('PVE.dc.MigrationEdit', {
    extend: 'PVE.window.Edit',

    initComponent : function() {
        var me = this;

        Ext.applyIf(me, {
            subject: gettext('Migration Settings'),
            items: {
                xtype: 'pvetextfield',
                name: 'migration',
                emptyText: PVE.Utils.noneText,
                deleteEmpty: true,
                fieldLabel: gettext('Migration Settings')
                }
        });

        me.callParent();

        me.load();
    }
});

This will show [object Object] in the editor since i don't know how to
format an array in the editor correctly.

I hope maybe someone can push me in the right direction.

PS. I can enter something like "type=secure,network=10.10.10.0/24" and it
will get changed in the datacenter.cfg file correctly.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards,
Caspar