[pve-devel] replica problems

Dominik Csapak d.csapak at proxmox.com
Thu Jun 1 11:24:11 CEST 2017

On 06/01/2017 11:07 AM, Wolfgang Link wrote:

> On 06/01/2017 11:01 AM, Dominik Csapak wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i tested the replica patches a bit and noticed following problems:
>>
>> 1. when we have a job with a failcount > 0, we can't delete/disable the
>> job (only manually deleting from /etc/pve/replication.cfg works)
>
> This is not implemented yet

after further testing, this does work, but only if pvesr can replicate
the removal afterwards, so it does work partially, but i guess more
cleanup work is to be done

>> 2. the error message saved is not really helpful, an example:
>>
>> command 'set -o pipefail && pvesm export local-zfs:vm-100-disk-1 zfs -
>> -snapshot replicate_replica01_1496307002_snap -with-snapshots 1 |
>> /usr/bin/ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' -o 'HostKeyAlias=pve-local-03'
>> root at 192.168.20.63 -- pvesm import local-zfs:vm-100-disk-1 zfs -
>> -with-snapshots 1' failed: exit code 255
>>
>> this does not really tell me, why it does not work, and manually
>> executing this does also not work, because the snapshot does not exist
>> anymore
>>
>> 3. we do not have a cron entry for pvesr run (yet? by design?)
>
> This will be included in the pvestatd and with cron it will not work
> then you get this nice erorrs form 2

ok makes sense

>> 4. following scenario does not work (and i don't know why)
>
> Migration should normally not work?
> May be the replica was not synced yet.

why should it not work? i see it does not work when migrating to the
node which the dataset is replicated to (but what is the plan here, how
do i move the node to the vm? ),
but i migrated it to a third node, where no datasets of this vm exist,
in this case i would have expected it to work