[pve-devel] Could we please get a solution for HA and backup locked VMs?

Harald Leithner leithner at itronic.at
Mon Jul 24 17:32:28 CEST 2017

Hello,

I know that there was already one or more conversations about locked VMs
that can't be started in case of a node reboot/crash/failure.

But it's a pain in the ass if you have a HA cluster and your HA is
broken because you make backups.

My backups run several hours, maybe 6 hours or more. So 25% of the day I
don't have a automatically failover for at least one VM. And this to a
time frame where HA is most important ;-)

Is there anything I can do to change this for me, or how I can motivate
to change the mind of the proxmox team?

thx

Harald

--
Harald Leithner

ITronic
Wiedner Hauptstraße 120/5.1, 1050 Wien, Austria
Tel: +43-1-545 0 604
Mobil: +43-699-123 78 4 78
Mail: leithner at itronic.at | itronic.at