[pve-devel] add qmimport command

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Fri Jan 20 13:59:08 CET 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 01:21:40AM +0100, Alexandre Derumier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is second attempt to have a command to import external disk with a single command line.
>
> This time, I have a separate qmimport, cli only and only for root.

I am sorry for the potential misunderstanding, to have a CLI only
command it is enough to add a new API path to PVE/CLI/qm.pm , there is
no need to add a completely new binary.

> If it's really not possible to include such feature in proxmox,
> could you review patch 1 & 2 to include them upstream ?

I am sorry if the previous review was too negative - it's definitely
possible to have such a convenience wrapper around existing
functionality! I am just wary of deviating from the existing storage
model for seemingly not very good reasons.

> They are small changes to allow clone disk method with path as src.

I'll send a more detailled review with a counter-proposal for replacing
patch 1-2, as a reply to your third patch.

> Like this, I could maintain the patch3 as an external extra tool for my customers.

I don't think that will be needed ;)