[pve-devel] Custom storage plugins API

Alexander Schmid alex at modula-shop-systems.de
Wed Jan 18 10:34:05 CET 2017

Hello Dietmar,
has someone found time to have a look at this ?

For finishing my SCST-Plugin it would be good to know if there will be a
way to catch qemu-img convert from a custom implementation.
Also, as my plugin activates snaps temporary via a clone of the snap and
exposes this as an iscsi-target, it would be crucial that
deactivate_volume is called for cleanup.

Really would love a way to clone from older Snapshots with ZFS over
iSCSI but don't feel very comfortable with the situation that the
storage-plugin needs patching other parts like QemuServer.pm

Worst-case, i`d think about bundling the plugin in a .deb with
dependencys and post-install triggers that do the patch to prevent
breaking the storage with an PVE-Update. But this is really not what i
want to do ...

Guess some of the things how it allows to access older snapshots in ZFS
might also be a nice addition to the zfsplugin in general.
I think it should work with the bundled iscsi-targets, too.

Best regards,
Alex