[pve-devel] live storage migration v9

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 4 15:59:33 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 04:06:22PM +0100, Wolfgang Bumiller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 03:03:11PM +0100, Alexandre Derumier wrote:
> > changelog :
> >  - add suspend or freezefs for live vm clone
> >  - return in socat tunnel close if no pid exist
>
> I'll test this series tomorrow and give more feedback afterwards.

Okay, it seems to work much better now.
I added some inline comments to the socat patch.

Fabian also pointed out one other important missing piece: Currently
this series completely ignores the 'migration_insecure' option and
always uses a raw tcp stream.

We should instead use the same pattern as for the migration itself and
tunnel unix sockets over the 'mtunnel' (you can gather a the tunnel list
in the run_command() call in phase2() which goes through the `migration
listens on ...` matches and build an array of tunnels you then pass to
`fork_mtunnel()` the same way it works for the migration itself.
`fork_mtunnel()` has to be changed to accept multiple tunnels (which it
can simply pass as multiple `-L` options to t he same ssh command).