[pve-devel] Has somewhere checked the templates?

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:27:41 CET 2017

Hi Detlef,

I really cannot understand why you do not create your own templates
automatically and blame Proxmox for that. I create my own dab templates
with my own mirrors and generate a whole bunch of them weekly with my
settings, keys and so on for internal and external use, such that you can
choose what you want and you always have up-to-date versions of the
templates. It's really no problem. All the turnkey templates are good for
the start, but I'd never run them directly in production. They have to be
further secured and so on...

I have also to defend the provided images as Dietmar already said: It's the
distributions default, e.g. Debian Jessie, the default is to have
password-based ssh blocked for the root user and that is for security
reasons ("und das ist auch gut so" as you're also german-speaking).