[pve-devel] lost tcp packets in bridge

Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG s.priebe at profihost.ag
Tue Aug 22 08:04:18 CEST 2017

Hello,

while running PVE 4.4 i'm observing lost tcp packets on a new cluster.
Two VMs are connected to the same bridge on the same host using virtio
and linux as a guest.

But the target guest does not receive all tcp packets some get lost. I
see them leaving on the source using tcpdump but they do not arrive at
the target network card (checked using tcp dump). This results in
sometimes awfully slow performance as tcp retransmits happen.

I already flushed all iptables rules - but this did not help. I can't
reproduce the issue it just happens "sometimes" with some packets.

Has anybody already ovserved something like this?

Greets,
Stefan