[pve-devel] Ceph OSD latency changes

Waschbüsch IT-Services GmbH service at waschbuesch.it
Mon Aug 14 22:34:34 CEST 2017

> Am 14.08.2017 um 20:39 schrieb Waschbüsch IT-Services GmbH <service at waschbuesch.it>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> In API2/Ceph.pm
>
> osd latency information are read from the output of $get_osd_usage sub by running the monitor command 'pg dump'.
> I don't know if this used to contain the latency information for each osd, but it does not in the current (luminous) tree.
>
> I guess the information needs to be got from the output of 'osd perf'.
> So, I guess this *should* do the trick. However, I do not have a development cluster up and running, so apologies for not being able to test this.

Correcting myself here:

ceph pg dump -f json does contain the perf data. the plain text version (without -f json) does not.

Be that as it may, the problem I have which lead me to have a look at it is: in the UI *all* my osds show a latency of 0.
Using the shell, they don't.

I'll keep looking, but perhaps someone else has an idea?

Martin