[pve-devel] Receive notification for state changes of VMs

Friedrich, Michael michael.friedrich at iosb.fraunhofer.de
Thu Oct 27 14:45:32 CEST 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out how I could get a notification for state changes of a certain subset oft he VMs on a node in proxmox.
I have found two possible starting points:

* the config files in /etc/pve/qemu-server/       for migration of VMs
* polling  qm list                                                      for states running/stopped

Both possibilities unfurtunately do not fit my requirements. I would also need to find out if a VM is shutting down or starting up.
Can you point me in the right direction, if there is a way to get that kind of information, preferably without polling.

Best Regards,
Michael Friedrich