[pve-devel] Live storage migration v5

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Oct 25 17:16:56 CEST 2016

>>this will be a bit complicated, as we are traversing node boundaries
>>here. with "move disk", we can simply add the source disk as "unused
>>disk". with this proposed live-migration for local disks, the source
>>disk is not just unused, but also orphaned (the VM it belongs to does
>>not exist on the same node anymore!).

>>not sure how we should/could handle this in a sane way (for offline
>>migration, we also don't offer this option btw - if the migration fails,
>>we clean up on the target node, if it succeeds, the local source disks
>>are gone).

Maybe could we reuse the snapshot feature, will a special snapshot name

[SNAPSTORAGEMIGRATE-OLDNODE]
virtio0:...
virtio1:

Rollbacking, simply move the config to old node and restart vm.
(and we have the original config of the vm when it was running on old server)

Delete the snapshot delete the drives on the old server.

?