[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Sun Oct 23 05:46:13 CEST 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 23:12:58 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> wrote:

> It seems to work :-)

I am able now to create a LXC on a zvol. Works great;-)
I am able to make backup in suspend mode.
I am able to make snapshots, both online and offline.

Missing.
Deactivating when CT is stopped -> solution just needs to be
implemented.

Since it is not possible to expose a zfs snapshot over iscsi backup in
snapshot mode is not an option so is there a way to have the backup job
skip snapshot mode and automatically use suspend mode to avoid error
messages like this?
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed - unable to activate snapshot from remote zfs storage at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/ZFSPlugin.pm line 418.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility goes before
honour. -- Proverbs 18:12