[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Oct 12 08:11:50 CEST 2016

>>That and that you have to use hard locking to garanti against data
>>loss. The hard locking is the part which can bring any server down if
>>the nfs server connection hangs in any way.

>>Add to that that it is very difficult to make a high available NFS
>>server since client locks are stored in kernel mode.

Yes, sure. That's why netapp share nfs sessions across controllers.
But indeed, I don't known if they are good opensource implementation of HA nfs.

When I had my nexenta zfs san, I was using iscsi.

The only problem was the number of luns exposed on hosts, because I had all luns of all vms on alls hosts.
(so between 500-700luns), and multipath daemon was cpu crazy.