[pve-devel] LXC volumes on ZFS over iSCSI

Michael Rasmussen mir at datanom.net
Tue Oct 11 08:06:32 CEST 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 06:59:11 +0300
Dmitry Petuhov <mityapetuhov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that's what I'm doing with Netapp SAN (except stop phase and view manupulations). That works, but "Foreach node:" step is ugly. Maybe you could use per-initiator views. So you map volume only to node which needs it and not have to cleanup other nodes on volume deactivation. But you will have to remove views for crashed nodes somehow.

That was my intention but maybe badly worded.

> But. Why 1000's targets are worse than 1000's LUNs in single target? Are there some limits on Linux kernel side for both parameters?

A target is literately a listening socket with a file descriptor. A lun
is a storage object.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Ever notice that the word "therapist" breaks down into "the rapist"?
Simple coincidence?
Maybe...