[pve-devel] quorum using Rasberry Pi as node

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Fri May 27 10:44:03 CEST 2016

> Michael Rasmussen <mir at datanom.net> hat am 27. Mai 2016 um 00:59 geschrieben:
>

> On Tue, 24 May 2016 21:21:29 +0200
> Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht at proxmox.com> wrote:
>

> > I would not recommend the first generation for anything else than testing, its - not to powerful - single core is a limitation which can lead to starvation of corosync/pmxcfs, also we are using 64 bit stuff heavily on a 32 bit platform, each instruction takes almost double the cycles then on the ARMv8 from the Raspberry Pi 3.
> >
> I have just received my Pi 3 and it seems you are wrong in the
> assumption that Pi 3 should be based on ARMv8 and aarch64.

The Pi 3 has an ARM Cortex-A53 quad core CPU, quoting Wikipedia:
"The ARM Cortex-A53 is a microarchitecture implementing the ARMv8-A 64-bit instruction set designed by ARM Holdings. "

Raspbian (the Debian-rebuild for Raspberry Pis) is not yet available for that architecture AFAIK, but the Pi 3 is able to use the one compiled for 32-bit / ARMv7, so that is not a big problem at the moment. Last I checked the main missing piece was a working aarch64 kernel for the Pi3 ;)