[pve-devel] quorum using Rasberry Pi as node

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed May 25 11:28:48 CEST 2016

On 24.05.2016 22:40, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Tue, 24 May 2016 21:21:29 +0200
> Thomas Lamprecht <t.lamprecht at proxmox.com> wrote:
>

>> I would not recommend the first generation for anything else than testing, its - not to powerful - single core is a limitation which can lead to starvation of corosync/pmxcfs, also we are using 64 bit stuff heavily on a 32 bit platform, each instruction takes almost double the cycles then on the ARMv8 from the Raspberry Pi 3.
>>
> So your packages should work for a Pi 2:
> $ lscpu
> Architecture:          armv7l
> Byte Order:            Little Endian
> CPU(s):                4
> On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
> Thread(s) per core:    1
> Core(s) per socket:    4
> Socket(s):             1
> Model name:            ARMv7 Processor rev 5 (v7l)
> CPU max MHz:           900.0000
> CPU min MHz:           600.0000
>
> Still 32 bit though but a lot faster CPU and 4 cores.

Yeah true, that should be able to get it done, it would be great if you
can run it on a test system and report your results also

>> Nonetheless initial POC was made, the packages I build are for armhf architecture while the Pi3 you get is aarch64 so they won't be of use.
>> But an RasPi3 is also underway to me and I'll continue with that.
>>
> Where can I get the packages to rebuild and test on my Pi3?

I uploaded it here:
https://lamprecht.org/download/pve-armhf/

Note (mainly for others who possibly read and want to try this) that
they are experimental, I didn't check everything yet, do not plug it
into a production system!
Also this is not a repo (by purpose), download and install it from hand.
All dependencies not available from the link are in the Raspian Jessie
mirror, dpkg -i does not pulls them so you must do it yourself (or a
lucky `apt-get -f install` afterwards).

Else you may build it just from git with make, although a few small
changes may be not yet in the repo (patches should be on the mailing
list though).

cheers,
Thomas