[pve-devel] Maximum Bind-Mounts

Andreas Steinel a.steinel at gmail.com
Sun May 15 11:34:21 CEST 2016

Hi Dietmar,

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Dietmar Maurer <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> > I needed more (bind of ZFS filesystem with a lot of children) so I
> > increased the maximum in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/LXC/Config.pm and it worked
> > fine.
>
> Would you mind to explain why you need more that 10 mounts? How many
> do you need exactly?

I have a filesystem called images with child filesystems of each year going
back to the 80s. So, there quite a few filesystems that have to be
bind-mounted inside the container. Due to the filesystem boundaries, the
bind-mount of the parent filesystem does not propagate the children
filesystem inside the container.

And yes, I can do it via network, but I do not need additional layers of
unwanted complexity and slowness.