[pve-devel] openvswitch 2.5 (lts) has been released !

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Mar 4 07:45:13 CET 2016

>>Oh, that is based on openflow - means we would need to
>>have 2 totally different firewall implementations?

Yes. only kernel conntrack is common.

For now, I think it's not a priority.That need a lot of work, and
I'm not sure all features (ipset) are available.
(I don't known too much how openflow is working)

But if dpdk works fine, it's not possible to use iptables.
ovs firewall don't support yet dpdk, but it's planned for coming releaes.
In this case it'll be interesting to implemented it.