[pve-devel] vzdump.conf exclude-path parsing

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Thu Mar 3 09:53:18 CET 2016

> > This made it work again, except I had to do it to defaults and opt->... to get
> > rid of the error. The result is that the excludes are added twice on the tar cmd
> > line.

So this was due to the copying of the defaults read from /etc/vzdump.conf
to $opts when no such option was specified.

> > Also, the stdexcludes is broken as well. The block starting with "if
> > ($opts->{stdexcludes}) {" is not executed even though it should based on the
> > fact that I don't mention it and it should therefore default to true.

Not sure what you mean there with "the fact that I don't mention it".
I can pass `-stdexcludes`, `-stdexcludes 1` and `-stdexcludes 0` via the
command line and use the following in /etc/vzdump.conf:
   stdexcludes: 1
or
   stdexcludes: 0

> About to send another patch for that. $opts->{stdexcludes} only handles the
> command line argument.

Never mind that, they get copied.