[pve-devel] [Training Issue] LVMthin - moving of disks kills thin provisioning

Dennis Busch dennis.busch at stacktrace.de
Thu Jun 16 09:13:47 CEST 2016

Good morning!

We're right now holding a training in Verona. It is the first one with
LVMthin. In our hands-on parts we recognized that if you're moving a
disk from a thin provisioned LVM storage to another one, the target
volume is filled to 100% and so the thin provisioning is completely gone.

My students considered this not to be practible in productive environments.

So - with the hope of a quick answer - did we do something wrong, is
this a bug or a workaround?

Thank you!

Dennis

--
stacktrace GmbH
Querstraße 3 | 96237 Ebersdorf

Amtsgericht Coburg, HRB 5043
Geschäftsführer: Dennis Busch | Jürgen Haas

Tel:     +49 9562 78 48 010
Mobil:   +49 171  12 62 761
E-Mail:  dennis.busch at stacktrace.de
De-Mail: dennis.busch at gmx.de-mail.de