[pve-devel] qemu-server: address migrations issues

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Jun 1 15:58:24 CEST 2016

On 06/01/2016 03:37 PM, Alexandre DERUMIER wrote:
>>> We could actually support the old one for some time, even if it is broken
>>> (not our fault) as we see if we should open a tunnel or not, i.e. if the
>>> raddr is
>>> tcp and localhost then open a tcp tunnel like we did, if its tcp and not
>>> localhost its
>>> an unsecure and if its unix the do like in this patch.
>>>
>>> comments?
> yes, I think we should keep support for old migration, or I think users will complain ;)

In fact it works on from not updated node to new, you just have to
install (update) qemu-server with this patch on both then it works for
and back on already running VMs.
Its important to install it on all though.

The way that it also works between different installed qemu-server
versions would need to give the destination node an additional flag that
we want to use a TCP tunnel.

@Dietmar should that be done? I mean if they update qemu-server it works
without it also and as a emergency fallback insecure can also be used.