[pve-devel] Speed up PVE Backup

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Jul 26 13:45:13 CEST 2016

>>This is how it works right now ;) - not flushing doesn't mean system
>>won't write data; it can just do so when it thinks is a good time.

If think is true with filesystems (fs will try to flush at regular interval),
but I'm not sure when you write to a block device without doing any flush.

I remember in past to use cache=unsafe with qemu, and a scsi drive, I was able to write gibabytes of datas in host memory
without any flush occuring.